Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A New Wave of Craft

This is my second post today, but I had to share a video that I just watched from a fellow bloggers site today (Bohemian Things). The video is called Handmade Nation, the documentary. It's an independent film, produced by Faythe Levine. In 2006 she begin documenting her travels across the nation that would result in a film about the new wave of crafts. The film begin previewing last month. Is all this excitement about DIY new or are we just catching on? The movement of arts, crafter's and designers are making waves, and this snipplet of a video gives you a taste of the film. I love independent films and documentaries. I found myself a couple of years ago, watching Wordplay a documentary of Crossword Puzzles....I know, sounds weird, but it was a very interesting film, and I learned a few things. Fifty million people do crossword puzzles every day, and you just might be surprised at who some of them are..can't argue with knowledge now can you?

Watch Handmade Nation here

Unveiling,
Dee

1 comment:

Tara Shenson said...

I'm going to have to check that out! Thanks for sharing it :) I'm just glad there is a platform (the internet!!) that showcases and brings together artists and crafters!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...