Saturday, February 21, 2009

Runako Designs - Don't see if for what it is...

Don't see if for what it is...see it for what it could be. That's a favorite saying of mine, I have no idea where it came from, but it works for me when coming up with new jewelry ideas. You can make jewelery out of just about anything if you put your mind to it, and its all about being creative and thinking outside the box. If you don't know how to make jewelry, that's okay too. There are lots of easy things you can do these days that makes the process simple. This morning, I was throwing away a box that a candle came in that was purchased from Target. There was a little wooden pendant attached to the top with rope that caught my eye. Immediately I said to myself..."self, that would make a cute necklace"...so I cut the pendant off and threw it on some leather cord and tied a couple of knots and I'm wearing it now! How easy is that? You can do the same thing. Leather cord is easy to work with and cheap. You can pick up a roll at any craft store and start creating your own weekend jewelry. Pick up some beads while you are there or take apart a old necklace and create a new one. Below is a picture of the necklace I threw together this morning.Here is another necklace I made during a jewelry class where you had to make jewelry out of "junk" The pendant was created out of a sample linoleum chip, some aluminum washers and beads that were glued to the front, then attached to an old gold plated chain I found at the thrift store...it's a cute conversation piece that I wear on weekends. The glue hadn't dried when this photo was taken, but you can get the idea. Try making something quick for yourself. Send me a photo and I'll post for everyone to see.

Have fun unveiling,
Dee

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...