Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Things Happening, believe it or not...

Well, it's obvious I've not fully gotten my groove back, but I'm working on it.  I love my customers and apparently they still love me!  I've not made many random items recently, but I've been receiving several special orders over the past couple of months, including one final for the breast cancer bracelet I posted.  I have a couple of Spring trunk shows coming up for home parties and still busy busy busy at work.  Speaking of home parties, I really need to find time to create, because my inventory is dwindling down!!   

Most recently, I received a commission for another special bracelet, one I'm really looking forward to creating.  You may or may not know that the company that I've worked with for 23 years, announced that they were selling 75% of their business this past December. (clue to recent depression mode) I've worked with the other 25% of that business since 1991, and I'm very relieved and happy to report that they've offered me a position to stay on recently...phew!   One of my dear and close co-workers, who I am saddened to say will be leaving next month,  has asked me to create her a memory bracelet that will remind her of her past 9 years of working there. I was very honored by her request as you can imagine.

So stay tuned for the unveiling, I'm going to have to dig deep for this one.  A company that's been around since 1937 has a lot of great memories and I'm going to have to dig them up to share over the next few weeks.  If I can keep my lungs free of all this yellow gook about town, I think I may just make the deadline.

Unveiling and at peace with life,
Dee

3 comments:

TheEclecticElement said...

Aw, well on one hand, I'm happy that you still have a job and your also still getting orders, but on the other hand I'm very sorry to your friend who lost hers :(

I hope she'll find a great job within a reasonable amount of time!

Pretty Things said...

SUCH good news that your job is keeping you! It's such a weird time right now.

Dee said...

Thanks guys, it's definitely lifted a load off my mind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...