Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Beads For Life - Understanding Global Poverty

I haven't posted much recently about this great organization, but that does not mean I've stopped supporting them and that they are not making continuous strives. Beads for Life is a non for profit organization eradicating poverty one bead at a time in Uganda, through the sale of beautiful beads and jewelry.

Beads For Life has just announced their Understanding Global Poverty Curriculum on how Youth can make a difference. It's an experimental service-learning curriculum for grades 6-12. The goal of the program is to ensure that our next generation are informed citizens and that they are empowered to help alleviate poverty around the world. Beads for life is encouraging youth leaders to bring this curriculum to their faith based youth groups, scouts, schools, etc.

To find out more about this wonderful opportunity you can visit the Beads for Life Blog. There you'll find more details about the program and how you can get involved. Also follow their blog and receive up to date information about how this group is making positive changes in the world.

Unveiling through Positive Change,
Dee

5 comments:

Maria Paray said...

Excellent, Dee. We have an obligation to teach the next generation. It's their world and they need to learn to make it a better place.

Dee said...

I think it's a great idea Maria, I'm going to pass it along to our pastor and maybe the scouts.

Unknown said...

This is such a worthy cause!
I'll tweet this for you.

Dee said...

Thanks Lori

Tricia said...

What a great organization/cause. My heart breaks...I just received something from UNICEF. The fact that 25,000 children die each day from preventable diseases is ludicrous!I travel with my portable soap box on these issues. I'll put it down. Thanks for a great post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...