Sunday, May 17, 2009

I Don't Give Up That Easy...

Okay, so we all know how yesterday went with the Beaded jewelry class right? So you'd think I'd cut my losses and toss the thread, eh? Nope, I don't give up that easy, and nope, I didn't exactly finish what I started yesterday either, but, I did take on another project with thread and I completed it!

When I was a the bead store yesterday picking up thread, I was admiring a necklace a lady was wearing that I thought was very cute. She said it was crocheted. Well, THAT, I know how to do. So I picked up some silk thread with the intentions of trying to make it myself..how difficult could it have been? Minus the hassle of untangling thread again, (this was a tad bit thicker), I successfully finished what I think is a very cute necklace while watching TV, mind you.

So, my weekend of thread projects is done, I've challenged myself with a few new things, and I'm happily moving back to wire and gemstones.

Unveiling and untangled,
Dee

5 comments:

Kim said...

That is cute Dee! And it sounds like much more fun than what I get to do today , which is re-organizing bead containers :(

eeuuwwwwww. . .

Regina Moore said...

The crocheted and beaded necklace is lovely! You did a wonderful job!

Loretta said...

I like that Dee.

Maria said...

Very pretty, Dee! Good for you, facing the "challenge" :-)

Dee said...

Thanks guys, gotta feeling I'll actually make a couple more for myself, their fun pieces. hmmm, thinking christmas gifts :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...