Sunday, October 5, 2008

Runako Designs - Continuous Learning

I attended a workshop yesterday on wire sculpting. I'm always trying to learn something new to be able to diversify my customer offerings. It's not that I don't have enough to do already, and Heaven knows I don't need anymore beads and supplies, but I just can't help myself. Yesterday was 9 hours of intense wire sculpting, wrapping, filing, twisting, turning you name it, but the finished result was just what I've been eager to learn. Just from the basics of this class I left with my head full of one thousand other things I can do. Now...don't send in your orders just yet..I've only made two projects and I have a lot of practicing to due before I'll be able to sell anything. But when I'm done, you'll be able to find them under "Just Arrived" on our website. What started as a single Black Onyx Cabachon, several pieces of loose Silver wire, resulted in two beautiful pieces of jewelry. I'm so proud of my finished cuff bracelet and Pendant! (click for a close up, you can even see my fingerprints!)

Unveling and Learning,
Dee

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...