Sunday, September 7, 2008

Kiva - Join Team Runako




As most of you already know, I am a proud supporter of Kiva, a Grassroots organization working to help entrepreneurs in under developed countries, by offering opportunities for people like you and me to fund Micro-Loans. Well, I have some great news to share with you today.

First. When I funded my first Loan, there were a ton of loans awaiting lenders. I had to literally sift through the mass to find the one that actually stood out to me. Well, tonight, I went to fund my second loan and it literally felt like I was trying to win a bid on Ebay! First of all, the amount of open loans or fundraisers as they are called, were scarce. I mean, people are really lending to make a change out there! Second, as soon as I would find a person to lend to, and click on "loan", someone else had beat me to the punch! That's incredible!!

Second. If you've already partnered with Kiva, you may or may not know, that they have made some changes recently. They are reimbursing, partial payments back to lenders as they receive payments from the entrepreneurs, allowing other loans to be funded quicker if you choose to lend again. Previously, you had to wait for the full loan to be repaid. What a smart move on their part, because it is apparently working!

Third. They've added a new feature. You can now create teams. There are apparently many families, classrooms, and other groups that lend through Kiva as a fun or educational activity to do together. They have now created a feature where you can create teams, and each member's loans counts towards your team total. They already have 500 teams signed up.

I've created Team Runako and hopefully, as a subscriber, reader, family, friend or customer, you will join our team and together, we can watch our team total grow. At the top of this blogs home page, there is a link that will take you straight to our team page, where you can join.

Last, but not least, Runkao Designs has funded another entrepreneur tonight.

Meet Paulina Amankra:

Paulina Amankra sells clothing, fabric and groceries on the Cape Coast of Ghana. Paulina has received polytechnic education. She is married and has 3 children. Her husband is a teacher. Paulina has been selling clothing, fabric and groceries since early 2008. She is responsible for providing, along with her husband, for their children's education. Her loan will be used to buy more goods for sale. She hopes to use the new profits from her business to help her husband build a family house.
Paulina has requested a $700 loan, and plans to repay her loan in monthly installments over a 7 month period. Her request was fulfilled tonight and will be disbursed next week.

Join me in helping someone else unveil,
Dee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am looking to start my own business for that I need loans. As you have said in your blog that if I join your community are you going to give loans for my business, if it is true than definitely I am going to join this. Thanks for giving such an interesting blog.

Dee said...

Hi Entrepreneur,
I will not actually be giving any loans personally, but I am a lender with Kiva and through my donations from my business I am "helping" to fund micro loans. If you live in an underdeveloped Country and are looking for a loan to fund your business, Kiva may be an option for you. You can visit their website at www.kiva.org and contact them for more information. Thanks for visiting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...