Thursday, February 10, 2011

Runako Designs - Now available in EIGHT languages!!

Curiosity sometimes doesn't really kill the cat - I know because I'm a very curious cat if you don't already know that!

You probably already know that I'm participating in Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Party- right?  And you probably know that I already received my soup mix - right?  And you know my partner is Erin Siegal -  right?  And you know that Erin received her bead mix from me - right?  And you know the reveal is in two weeks - right?  And if you have no idea what I'm talking about click here for an update.

Well, what you didn't probably know is that the Soup Party is open to anyone with an established blog, anywhere in the country! I already know from my google statistics, that I get visitors from all over the world and I've had a few wonderful people who have followed me recently, and I can probably guess they've come from Lori's Party list.  Aaaannnd - being the friendly, networking type of person that I am, I've also visited their blogs to return the hospitality.  What I've found in my cruisings are some wonderful, creative new friends, to network and learn with.  HOWEVER; stupid me, what I didn't count on was running across a blog that I couldn't read because of a language barrier...go figure...any blog, anywhere in the world, who would have thought, right?  And I'm certain some have thought the same thing as they've run across an English written blog. 

Well, curious cat here (waving hands) - I just couldn't take it anymore, I had to include these people in my network, and I had to figure out how to understand what they were writing about - Google to the rescue! 

Thanks to Digital Inspiration I was able to figure out how to add a translation widget to my blog (see above)...actually I've added two for the moment.  I haven't quite decided which one I like the most.   

My hopes is that as more visitors from foreign countries visit my blog, they'll return and become friends if they see that there is a way they can actually read it.  My second hope is that Lori will share this with all the party participants who's blog may be in a different language and they'll add the widget to their blogs and so on, and so on and so on! Wouldn't it be great, blogging with no limitations?   

I just love happy endings... don't you?  So, if you have a blog and would like to make it more readable for others who may not speak English, I hope this little infomercial has been helpful to you.  No need to thank me, just keep coming back. 

Unveiling in 8 languages,
Dee

2 comments:

Maria Paray said...

Great idea, Dee! Have fun making that "soup."

Glad someone pointed out yesterday how to change the settings to get all the FB "feed" back to "Everyone and all pages" - I was missing a lot of stuff!

Pretty Things said...

That's really cool! I've been using FireFox for a browser and it has this "do you want me to translate this page?" pop up which has been REALLY convenient, too. Not sure how it does that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...