Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Learning is giving me a headache!....

There's nothing like having to learn something over again that you almost had mastered.  You know that feeling you get when you feel like a big dummy?  Your head starts throbbing from all the new?  Well, that's the feeling I have tonight as I sit here looking at my computer screen.  I just started working with Adobe Photoshop 9.0, and WOW... quite a few things have definitely changed including the location of things!  You see, I previously had a 2.0 version...yes...that was 7 versions ago, and would probably still be using it, if I could get into my computer that crashed this summer! 

New is good though, because there appears to be soooo many cool new features, but the problem I'm finding is there is no users manual readily available. When learning something like this, I need a hands on manual to look through, mark up and make notes. I guess I'm about to learn two new things - the newer version and how to study a different way.    

The first cool thing I did notice was that the auto enhance feature is a lot smarter than the 2.0 version.  With just two clicks of the mouse I went from this boring blurred photo:


to this bright and sharper version.........

Maybe I'll get the chance to entertain  with other great features as I learn how to do some new cool things with photos.  Next to my Nikon camera, Adobe is the next best thing when it comes to photography!  

What have you learned new lately?

Unveiling with new technology,

2 comments:

Adaptable Kay said...

Oh man, I'm SO jealous!! I've wanted to get into Photoshop for awhile now, but I definitely can't afford the software >.<

I do understand the difficulty in learning a different program once you're already used to one. But I think it's good learning about new things-Keeps your mind sharp!

And may I say, those pictures as well as what's IN those pictures are gorgeous xD

Dee said...

Hi Kayla, thanks! They have a special if you download it from Adobe, comes to like $59.99 with instant and a mail in rebate. Elements is all that most people need unless you're deep into photography and media and working with it every day as a business. The other Photoshops are definitely more expensive!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...