Since Saturday's are typically slow around the blogosphere, MomDot , came up with a great idea called Small Talk Six to have a quick, fun, intereactive meme for the weekends.
This weeks meme is: 6 things you do, used to do, or would like to do to relax
I had to "relax" and take notes on this one making sure I actually focused on relaxing things that I'm able to fit into my busy schedule. I think I"ve mustered up a few that actually fall into the vegging category for me, so here goes...
1. I like to curl up with a good self help book on the couch with a cup of coffee or tea after a morning of cleaning house and finished laundry. That's my gift to me.
2. I love going to a local landmark theater here in town to watch foreign or independent films that don't make it to the mainstream...ALONE! I've seen some great classics on these days.
3. I used to go to the park and sit by the lake and read fiction novels before kid, husband, and business....those days are long gone...park where is it?
4. I used to actually go to a salon to get my hair and feet done every two weeks. That was called "me: time, now I can barely remember to make an appointment, so I do it at home surrounded by all other distractions in my life.
5. I would love to get to the beach this year and visit my favorite hotel, ocean side and chill for a day or two..and lucky me there is a SHRM convention there in October that I will be attending for 4 days ....yeah me!
6. I would love to get to Wintergreen Resort this fall with my girlfriends to veg. We had a lovely weekend there two years ago with the kids, nothing but fun, mountains, snow and pure vegging....okay fruiting since we went through right many bottles of wine those three days!
That's what I like to do, used to do and would like to do to rest and relax. On a side note, relaxing also includes time with my son, but this list is all about me!..So, what about you?
Unveiling and chilling,