Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ugly is in the Eye of the Beholder

Every year for the past 7 years, The Land Of Odds has held an Ugly Necklace Contest. They call it the Jewelry design contest with a twist!... "I'll Say!!" They are actually looking for the best tangled mess...can you believe? The first place prize is $992.93...don't ask, odd number I agree, but you have to see it to believe it:
Coffin Nail Necklace
Now, the necklace has to be well designed, functional and ugly. Easy you say? Well, not so! When you're creating art, your eye and brain won't let you go there. They are designed to correct the incorrect and you struggle with avoiding anything as absurd as this.

The contest ends July 15th, and it is in it's final stage of the 6 semi finalist. Take a look for yourself, and get your chance to vote for the ugliest necklace.

Unveiling a "HOT MESS"!

Dee
You can see Dee's creative jewelry designs at Runako Designs

3 comments:

Maria Paray said...

I've seen these contests before. I agree, it takes a lot of effort to come up with something truly hideous.

I know there's no such thing as bad publicity - but I think I'll pass on contests like this!

Dee said...

I agree Maria, I did go vote for necklace #3.

Satsuki Rebel said...

I like quirky things and try as I might, I didn't actually hate any of the entries. Voting would be tough.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...