Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wire Gone Wild..

One of the things I started working on this weekend, among other things is a wire project. Wire is a great medium to include in your designs. What starts out as a coil of loose wire can be transformed into so many beautiful pieces of jewelry. I took a class this past September for something I had been longing to do, and I am just now getting around to trying to make a few more things. As you probably know, if you learn something, well, you must use it or you lose it.

The pendant and bracelet came out great with instructor by my side; however, things went a little wild, when I tried to change things up and make something new on my own. I'm not even going to post a photo, as I'm a perfectionist and to say the least, it did not come out perfect! But...I'm not a quitter either, so I will keep at it until I win this battle with the wire bangles. I love working with wire and would like to incorporate more of it into my designs, especially bangles. So keep watching as I learn yet something else for the new year. I will have this perfected by the holidays.

Uncoiling,
Dee

2 comments:

Tara Shenson said...

Wow, wire work is so HARD to do! I tried it once, and needless to say I don't sell jewelry on Etsy for a reason ;-)

Can't wait to see your new creations!

Dee said...

LOL, not so bad if you practice. There's so much to do with it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...