Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Facing My Fears Head On...

Blogging is one thing. It comes easy to me and I love to write. But public speaking is another bear I'm working on overcoming. I joined a Toastmasters group last year to face my fears head on, because my 9-5 job, jewelry parties and teaching jewelry classes were forcing me to go outside of my comfortable little box. For those of you who aren't familiar with Toastmasters, it is an International non profit Organization, that helps people to become competent and comfortable speaking in public. I'm sure if you visit their website, you'll probably find one right in your neighborhood, as there are clubs literally all over the world!

Okay, so, I'm there now, almost a year and I've done a pretty good job avoiding speech number two, until last week, and I've been working on it now for TWO days!! I won't tell you what I'm speaking about until later in the week, as I actually came up with a great idea...go figure! I hate to drop in and be brief and mysterious, but I'm putting final touches on my speech tonight. Wish me luck and I'll tell you more about how I've managed to mesh Toastmasters with my jewelry business..Only Dee could mix the two!

Unveiling,
Dee

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't panic Dee you'll do great. Just talk about what you know and it should all come naturally. I'm looking forward to hearing how it went.

Anonymous said...

I took a Dale Carnegie course many years ago, when I was still in engineering - my company asked me to attend. Big hint there, LOL! That helped a lot, probably similar to what Toastmasters does.

You have it all together, you do your homework, I'm sure you'll be a huge success!

Dee said...

Believe it or not, I actually went over...that's a first! But I was talking about something I'm passionate about. I promise to post what it was, but trying to work out a few things before then..I may have a surprise :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...