Friday, February 6, 2009

Runako Designs - Just for Fun


Sometimes, I just get the urge to make something fun for myself and these bracelets really tested me (click for larger view). My best friend went to Ghana to visit her in-laws...o0ooo0h, two years ago! I said to her one night before she left, "hey, bring me some cool beads back and I'll make us something!". Little did I know what a task that would be for her. After searching high and low, up hills and down hills, through village after village, she was finally able to scramble up a bag of goodies. When I say bag of goodies I mean it. When she finally delivered the goodies a year later...okay, you're probably noticing a pattern of untimeliness between us by now, but I guess that's what makes us good friends, there were a bunch of unmatched, matching, broken, torn apart, metal, clay and glass pieces all tossed in one bag! I was able to scramble together one pair of earrings for her before we left for the weekend, but since then I've looked at these beads a thousand times and nothing was coming to me. Finally after two years of designers block, I was able to pull together what I think are three lovely pieces. I'll be sending her the blue one soon, as blue is her favorite color!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...